Have you misplaced your Vi Prepaid or Postpaid SIM and are worried about it being used inappropriately by someone?
Just don’t be worry, whether your Vi SIM lost or stolen, here we will provide you guide for how to block your Vi SIM.
By blocking Vi SIM immediately will reduce the risk of misuse of the SIM.
There are various ways to block Vodafone Idea SIM via online, call customer care, or visit a nearby Vi-Store.
You may use any of the ways for deactivating Vi SIM from the below listed guide.
Deactivate Vi SIM Card Number – Block Online
I’ll now discuss in detail how to block your Vi SIM online. Follow the few easy steps for deactivating an Vi SIM number.
- Dial 199 Vi customer care number
- Request for deactivate or block Vi phone number
- Provide valid information for owner verification
- After reviewing all the information, The Vi representative will deactivate your number
How To Block Vi SIM Card Mobile Number Online 2024?
- Go to this Vi SIM Block Online Link first: https://www.myvi.in/block-your-sim
- You can block a Vi mobile number by entering it.
- Select “Get OTP to block Vi sim” from option
- Your alternative number or email address entered during the Vi SIM purchase will get an OTP.
- To verify the customer, enter the correct 4-digit OTP.
- Click on “Resend OTP” if you didn’t receive an OTP.
- To finally block your Vi mobile number, select Confirm.
- Your Vi SIM Card has now been blocked, and that’s it.
Now your Vi Number is no longer active for use. You will receive a reference number and a confirmation message once you have blocked your Vodafone Idea SIM online after blocking your Vi SIM.
I hope you have done with your Vi SIM block online process.
How to Block Vi SIM By Customer Care Number?
- Use phone with Vi SIM
- Dial 199 Vi SIM Block customer service number
- Select your language
- Pay close attention to the instructions in the voice-over
- Press the relevant number to speak with a Vi customer service representative
- Request that the customer service representative disable or block your Vi SIM card
- He or she will request the alternate phone number or email address, to send OTP for confirmation
- Now, just enter the OTP to block your Vi sim
Block Vodafone Idea SIM Card By Visting Vi-Store
- Visit the nearest Vi-Store.
- Define that your Vi sim is lost or stolen
- The Vi representative will ask you for owner verification
- For OTP verification, you must share an alternate mobile number or e-mail address.
- The Vi store representative will block your Vi SIM after OTP verification.
You can also reissue New Vi SIM with same or different number
Important Point To Keep In Min Before Blocking Vi SIM
- For Vi Prepaid SIM cards, you have 15 days, and for Vi Postpaid SIM cards, you have 60 days, to apply for a new sim replacement.
- To get a new Vi SIM card, go to your nearest Vi-Store.
- Make sure that in order to verify your Vi SIM identity and issue a new SIM card, you must use the registered alternate mobile number or mailing address.
- A valid POI, such as an Aadhar card, PAN card, etc., would also be required.
- Following replacement, all activated Vi VAS and other services, including recharge balance, will be transferred to the new sim card.
How To Deactivate Vi SIM Permanently in 2024?
You can deactivate your Vi SIM permanently, by going to your local Vodafone Idea Store or Outlet, presenting them with the necessary paperwork and OTPs for verification, and asking them to deactivate your Vi SIM Card.
Once your Vi mobile number is cancelled, the company has disabled that SIM, preventing you from making or receiving calls or using data on it. Your VI SIM will become permanently inactive if you don’t unlock it within 15 days of the date it was deactivated.
You can also check out are photos stored on SIM card or not in case if you have any query related to it.
What To Do If Vi SIM Is Lost?
You should contact the Vi telecom service provider immediately to block Vi SIM online if your phone SIM is misplaced.
How to Block Vi SIM Card from Other SIM Networks?
You must visit the Vi store, or use your friend’s Vi phone number to call 199 or other help lines for prepaid and postpaid users.
I hope you can use one of the techniques to simply block Vi SIM. It is preferable to deactivate your Vi SIM. By following the instructions you can unlock your blocked Vi number.